International Business & Intercultural Management
- Hochschule Heilbronn
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- 3 semester(s)
- City, country:
- Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
The MA International Business & Intercultural Management is a multidisciplinary Master Programme that has been created by the university's Business Faculties in close consultation with business, industry and the professions and in response to a challenging and rapidly developing organisational environment.
The MA International Business & Intercultural Management offers a series of benefits and assets:
- a clearly structured, time-efficient schedule
- multidisciplinary contents
- innovative teaching and learning techniques
- integrated fieldwork and business projects
- lectures delivered exclusively in English
- a favourable student-lecturer ratio
- an international learning environment
- sustained teaching quality by systematic student appraisal.
The MA International Business & Intercultural Management is dedicated to qualifying first degree graduates for management positions in globally operating organisations. It is intended to equip future business leaders with the subject knowledge and the methodological, interpersonal and intercultural competencies which will enable them to (inter)act appropriately and responsibly in a diverse environment.
The MA International Business & Intercultural Management comprises three major stages.
The programme starts with an induction period, during which the students assess their current level of subject knowledge by participating in a Business Simulation game. The foundation stage in semester 1 familiarizes them with the fundamental issues of Intercultural Management as well as Business Management and its international aspects.
Semester 2 offers advanced studies. Taking a cross-disciplinary approach, this phase provides an opportunity to deepen the participants’ expertise in Business Management and Research Methodology. In addition, the students specialize in the following cultural areas:
- Asia Pacific
- Arab World
The MA International Business & Intercultural Management has been created for students
- who hold a BA or BA (Hons) degree in Business Studies or related disciplines that contain a high number of business subjects.
- Applicants should have an excellent (awarded with distinction) or good (awarded with merit) European degree or an equivalent international qualification.
- Applicants should provide evidence of their high level of proficiency in English (corresponding to min. 6.0 IELTS points or TOEFL PBT 550, CBT 213, IBT 79 points. The TOEFL code of Heilbronn University is 2751). Native speakers of English are exempt from this requirement.
- The credits required for admission to the Masters programme are 210 ECTS or international equivalents. Applicants holding a degree with only 180 ECTS have the opportunity to obtain the missing 30 ECTS within the Master Programme by attending additional courses in the Bachelor Programme International Business & Intercultural Studies offered by Heilbronn University.
Application deadline: January 15th
Start of the programme: mid-March
|Language(s) of instruction:||English|
Teaching and learning strategies
Teaching and learning on the Master Programme are based on three key components:
During the programme, students experience a period of intensive independent studies. This allows them to progress at a speed suited to their individual needs and to work on their own initiative in areas which are of interest and value to them. Some more specific objectives of this approach are:
- to introduce the students to the techniques of researching, organizing and presenting the results of their work,
- to stimulate critical thinking and logical analysis,
- and to develop a sense of responsibility for attaining their goals.
A tutorial support service is offered for students on both an individual and a group basis.
Order information material from Hochschule Heilbronn. The given data is transmitted only to this educational provider and, of course, not given to a third party.
Ihre Nachricht wird gesendet...
Ihre Nachricht wurde gesendet.
Heilbronn University ranks amongst the major institutions of Higher Education in the state of Baden-Württemberg where it caters for approximately 5,100 degree-seeking students.
It is a vibrant and successful Institution of Higher Education working closely with its many partners in business, industry and the local community to create a sustainable, creative and ethical learning environment for its students. Its courses provide the students with a sound theoretical grounding while integrating vocationally-oriented elements such as work placements or project work commissioned by business organisations.
Heilbronn University is specialised in Business, Engineering and Computer Science. It is home to two Business Departments which offer a broad variety of industry-specific or international business studies such as Tourism Management, Transport & Logistics Management and International Business & Intercultural Studies. Some of these undergraduate courses (e.g. Wine Marketing) have been designed in direct response to the needs of local industries; others provide the knowledge-base and skills required in a global business environment.
Studying in Heilbronn
Heilbronn is a medium-sized Southern German town located directly on the river Neckar. It is surrounded by picturesque villages, spa towns and gently rolling hills that are covered in vineyards. With some 120,000 inhabitants, it enjoys a position of regional hub whose importance derives from the large variety of schools and institutions of learning and from the impressive number of industrial, commercial, administrative and agricultural centres and activities which it fosters.
The Heilbronn region benefits greatly from the favourable economic climate of Southwest Germany. Over the years, it has distinguished itself through its spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship as attested by such notable companies as Audi and Bosch. The city of Heilbronn lies at the heart of Germany's red wine production and boasts a wide range of cultural events, recreational facilities as well as excellent restaurants and hotels.
- Norvi Brendle-Forero (Ms.)
- +49 (7131) 504-6709