Transnational ecosystem-based Water Management
- Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 4 semester(s)
- Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
The two-year Master programme ”Transnational ecosystem-based Water Management“ (TWM) does address current challenges in transboundary and international Water Management.
The degree program was designed in collaboration between the University of Duisburg-Essen in Germany and the Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands, with the aim to combine and mutually adapt different academic systems and types of learning and to cover a broad range of water related issues, thus offering broad opportunities for students for their personal and scientific development.
Close co-operation with the regional water industry and water authorities already during the planning as well as their participation in the education, e.g. provision of lectures, internships, practical training and projects, shows the relevance of this education and improves the perspectives of the future graduates.
Dr. Michael Eisinger
Based on the changing profile an interdisciplinary degree program in the sector of ecological water management has been developed, which meets the requirements of the European job market.
The educational program will enable graduates to solve both classical and contemporary water resource management problems with a combination of engineering, ecological, planning and socio-economic knowledge; accordingly, it will be both a supplement and an alternative to existing degree programs solely focussed on engineering and natural sciences.
Thus, graduates will be given improved access to the expanding international job market.
Basics Water Ecology
Basics Water Ecology
- Hydrogeology and Application
- Hydroclimatology and Sustainable Water Management
- Hydraulics and Sediment Transport
- Ecology and Protection of Freshwater Ecosystems and Aquatic Organism
- Field Trips
- Water-borne Diseases
- Basics in Hydraulic Planning and Facility Design
- Waste Water Treatment
- Flood Management
- Water Governance and Spatial Planning
- River Basin Management
- Orientation in Biology and Environmental Sciences
- Integrated Water Management
- Management of Ecosystems
- Environmental and Ecological Modelling
- Ecological and Environmental Concepts
- Biodiversity and Ecological Assessment
- Environmental Economics for Water Management
- Social Aspects of Water Management
- Philosophy of Water Management
- Practical Course / Project
- Varying courses on
- Sustainable Development
- Water Treatment
- Total fees approx.
- € 4.100
Students can enrol from a variety of backgrounds.
Formal requirements include:
- a university bachelor degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Civil Engineering, Hydrology
- a bachelor degree from HBO or ‘Fachhochschule’ (polytechnic) in related fields
- an English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL 550 (paper based)/213 (computer based)/80 (internet based) or IELTS 6.5))
|Language(s) of instruction:||English|
Order information material from Universität Duisburg-Essen. The given data is transmitted only to this educational provider and, of course, not given to a third party.
Ihre Nachricht wird gesendet...
Ihre Nachricht wurde gesendet.
University of Duisburg-Essen
The examination to reach the degree of “Master of Science (MSc) in Pharmaceutical Medicine” is approved by the University of Duisburg-Essen. It is located in the center of a region with the highest number of universities in Europe and is one of the biggest in the country. About 36,000 students are registered.
- Mrs. Heike Todenhöfer
- +49 201 183 3523