Master in Applied Data Science
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 4 semester(s)
- City, country:
- Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
ProgrammeThe MSc in Applied Data Science is a response to the recent demand for business savvy data scientists with the collaborative skills to match. Our students will gain hands-on experience in solving real-world data science problems with our prominent industry partners, including Commerzbank and PwC, and will be equipped with the technical skills, business domain knowledge, and critical judgment to navigate the modern data ecosystem. Our students will master core data science and machine learning concepts, as well as the art and science of problem decomposition and solving. They will be able to identify business needs and wants, as well as problems, and propose relevant solutions using machine learning tools and by applying sophisticated statistical techniques. To do this, they will collect, transform and visualize data, create data models, as well as run predictions and simulations.
In a nutshell: The Frankfurt School of Finance & Management Master in Applied Data Science Programme provides the skills required to recognise and meet the data science wants of contemporary business, across-function and with an understanding of the connected ethical ramifications.
Careers and ideal CandidatesOn completion of the Master in Applied Data Science you will be qualified to connect the dots for businesses. These companies, including the Big Four, are seeking experts who understand specific wants and needs and can provide relevant solutions for genuine business transformations. Job opportunities will include but not be limited to Data Analyst; Business Analyst; Data Visualisation Engineer, Internal Data Science Consultant and new roles in all sectors that are experiencing digital transformation. Our pre-experience Master programme is designed for students with an interest in developing cross-functional problem decomposition and solving skills by applying machine learning technology and data science, as well as business domain knowledge and critical judgment to navigate the modern data ecosystem.
- Quantitative Fundamentals
- Algorithms & Data StructuresIntro to Data Analytics
- Intro to Data Analytics in Business
- Computational Statistics & Probability
- The Language of Business
- Databases and Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning 1
- Machine Learning 2
- AI & Humanity: The Ethics of Data Science
- Guided Studies in Financial Management
- Strategy Performance & Management
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Cooperation Company Project
- Entrepreneurship Accelerator/ Study Abroad
- Behavioural Economics
- Blockchain Technology, From Data to Insights
- BSc degree with a focus on mathematics, statistics, logic, or computation. Alternatively, non-quantitative degree, supplemented by official results obtained via the GMAT, GRE or FSAT
- Excellent written and spoken English (TOEFL - 90 iBT, or equivalent)
- Successful participation in our admissions interview
Early Bird Discount (EUR 2.000,- discount) - March 31 2022
|Language(s) of instruction:||English|
Study Models: 4-Semester Track (3-day Model)The Master in Applied Data Science follows a unique time model that permits you to work part-time whilst pursuing your full-time Master's degree. We call this the "3-day model". Our students typically attend classes three days a week. This leaves you with three working days for self-study, language courses or part-time employment. Some lectures or excursions are organised as blocked week events.
Order information material from Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. The given data is transmitted only to this educational provider and, of course, not given to a third party.